Friday 10 August 2012

Let me take you to a secret place

I fnished my painting this week. Although it doesn't look that much different from last week, can you believe I worked for about 4 more hours on it!? All those little details, the sides that had to be finished as well, ... Phew, takes a lot of time!

I called it "let me take you to a secret place". Here it is:


And I started working on another one of my Flora's. This is what I started out with yesterday (I'll show you all the in-progress shots from the beginning to the end when I finish it):


I saw a face on the top right side. So I started painting around it to define it. But there were so many lines on there, I saw all kind of figures but none of them appealed to me. So I decided to turn the canvas around.


And right away I saw two heads and a figure. So I went with that. Here's what I have so far:


And now I'm not sure whether I should've taken this way. Something's bothering me about it and I don't know what. The one face has an odd circle-body, but that is because I already started to paint the other head that I saw. But that's not what's bothering me, I even kind of like it this way. Why do bodies always have to look like bodies, right? It's my painting and I can paint whatever I want. Aaahh, the freedom of that ;-)

But aside from that, I'm still not sure whether I'll leave it this way. I really need to learn to take a look at the pictures on my monitor instead of just diving in and throwing paint around without thinking. Just now, when I saw the first picture, I could see all kinds of different figures in there, and I'm a bit sad I didn't see it before.

Oh well, too late now. I might just treat this as another layer and start dribbling and spraying paint again. Or I might put it aside and start working on the third canvas ...
By the way, I'm linking this to Paint Party Friday.

Now for something else: I have 43 "likes" on my Facebook-page already! I'm so happy! Thanks so much to all of you who have "liked" my page.

And thanks once again for visiting my blog! I appreciate it enormously, and this weekend I'll try and visit everybody's blog again.

For now: I wish you all a great and restful weekend! See you soon! xx



21 comments:

  1. wonderful! please keep the figure in the picture - its going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks beautiful; lovely colors and soft shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love your paintings. the colors are so vibrant but soothing at the same time. so joyful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! It is those details that take it from great to WOW! You're at WOW! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take your latest WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning work, so exciting to look at. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this work it looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this! Gorgeous colors and shapes. :) It's hard for me to stop painting and take photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning piece! So colorful and magical! Your work gets better and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done. Your colors are lovely. It's really interesting to see the process to finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that finished piece! I really like how you added a three dimensional feel to it with you shading. Really gives it such a nice feel of depth and layering. Beautiful!! Your new one is great too. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your painting style, it's so lively and the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing the progression of work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this darker outlined work a happy ending for me...but up to you to decide if there is more to it than this. I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks just beautiful. I'm a fan of bright colors and lots of colors. Awesome work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours and shapes. It is funny how much more you see in a photo, than your eyes do when you have been working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denthe, you're way to hard on yourself! I think it's intuitive and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denthe, this is exquisite. Like you, I love the bold colors, the mixture of shades and symphony in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful palette and brilliant work!
    Love seeing your process!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your style, so different than mine yet we use the same process!! These two are fabulous!! I do the same thing, dive in without checking my monitor, then have regrets!! I see things much clearer on the monitor!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. So colourful and fluid. Cool idea to turn it around and see what manifested that way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! Love the colors you used!! I sooo want to take flora's class! Excited to see where you take this new WIP!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !