Sunday 10 June 2012

Some more teeshas and struggles with Facebook ...

I finished 2 more teeshas, which is good since we had a very busy weekend. Didn't spend much time on my business-course though. My head is spinning from all the information and I don't know where to start.

But today I figured I should do SOMEthing, so I decided to increase my online-presence by making a fanpage in Facebook.

Before I continue, you should know that I really don't like Facebook. I have an account on there, but very rarely use it. I also don't understand Facebook. And I don't feel like figuring it out. It's all too much time spent on the computer which I'd much rather spend doing something else.

But since it's important to use Facebook nowadays if you want to get somewhere with an online business, I feel like I don't have much choice. I could also use Twitter, but don't get me started on that. In my eyes, that's really a waste of time and energy. So I figured Facebook is the lesser of 2 evils. Besides, I've seen some great fanpages on Facebook, and it would be nice to have something like that.

Well, I made a new account, since I want to keep it seperate from my personal Facebook account, and I added a page. And now I'm stuck. I really don't know how to continue to make it look even remotely acceptable. Which means I will have to spend hours on the internet trying to figure it out. UGH! 

I'll just leave it for now. Maybe I'll get a brilliant idea tonight in my dreams ...

Back to the teeshas. Here they are:



They're made on a small canvas (20x20cm), with acrylics, watercolour crayons, acrylic markers and collage.

I made a birthday-calendar for my niece today, using the pictures from my teeshas. I love making calendars out of my art. Only just starting to discover all the possibilities out there ...

I want to finish with a quote from Ira Glass, that I found somewhere on the internet. Very true and very wise. And something to remind myself of frequently. The weekly deadline is something I should keep in mind too. I really don't paint enough lately.

I'll just blame it on Facebook and the likes ....


4 comments:

  1. Oh Denthe... your 'Teesha's' are gorgeous... I especially LOVE the second one... the girl in her sundress is beautiful... My friend, Jen, made up the Pink Possum Facebook Page for us... and she found it really tricky... she had to enlist help... and she is pretty good with the computer too... she didn't find it very user friendly at all... and just read your Ira Glass quote... how true...

    Hope you had a super weekend...
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Teeshas, the are amazing! I could see them as greeting cards or printed on mugs.
    I feel the same about Facebook. I have it to keep contact with family and friends in the UK but dont use it for much more. I did set up a page for my art but havent got very far with it as yet!
    Love the quote by Ira Glass it's very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! Wonderful composition, really lovely text style and such cute girls! Wonderful details around the edges and wonderful colors. Love them! As for the quote, it's the best! I've got in on my blog too (in a kind of silly-titled section called "Illuminations" because well, it's illuminating!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on Facebook. I have a personal account and use it only rarely. It was originally set up for my art and then made the mistake of "friending" family. Now it all drama and very little art. Needless to say I don't use it much.

    Your Teeshas are great. I agree with Sandra, they would make great greeting cards.

    I agree with the quote, practice is key. If only I could follow that advice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !