Monday 7 May 2012

Day 7: All the sorrow it will pass

This is a small painting on canvas (20x20cm) that I started a few days ago, but only now finished. The second day I almost gave up on her. Had my paintbrush ready to paint all over her and make her disappear, but it was bedtime and I thought it wiser to sleep on it and make a decision the next day. And then the day after I figured she didn't look that bad and went to work on her again. I'm glad I stuck with her.

She looks a bit sad, that's why I called it "all the sorrow it will pass". I love searching for names for my paintings. I give a name to everything I make on canvas and plan to sell. Finally, thanks to this challenge, I'm building up a stock again. I'm in the process of painting 3 more of these, and I also plan to make some more miniature-canvases, like the ones I did on day 1 and day 5. Oh, if only I had more time ...

Her she is, done in acrylics:

Tomorrow I hope I'll find time to visit everyone's blog again. See you then!

5 comments:

  1. Denthe... she is amazing... I am so glad you didn't paint over her... her face is beautiful... and I love the colors in her hair... lovely that you are building up your stockpile...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh I LOVE her...so glad you go with her because in the end she turned out amazing!!! wonderful hair and color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I love what you did with the hair. So glad you didn't scrap it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely..love the hair color!
    Cheers
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others... She did turn out amazing, great colors and style, i need to check out your other faces i have missed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !