Friday 30 March 2012

Where are you now?

I finished my painting! Can't help but still think about that busaccident whenever I see it. So I called it "where are you now?", referring to that horrible night and most part of the day when the parents still didn't know whether their child was dead or alive. I see the circles as the children going up to heaven, and the hands of the parents reaching out to them.

Well, that's my interpretation anyway. Other people probably make something else of it. The nice thing is that I didn't plan this beforehand, it just came to me while I was painting. I'll forever be grateful to Flora for changing the way I paint. Probably won't stay with this style forever and ever, since I like to experiment with different things. But it'll sure influence everything I do from now on.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish :). I love it.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Denthe! this is truly beautiful and creative - just fantastic! I did Flora Bowley's on-line workshop too, but struggled with it - will have to practice more. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m in love with this painting!! absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paintings! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !