Monday 13 February 2012

Face number 13 is emerging ....

Here she is, another emerging face. I so love doing these kinds of faces. I painted this one on a small canvas, so I can build up a stock again for future markets and fairs. That way I can keep up with this challenge and at the same time make sure I have some things to sell.

You may notice that I put my website on top of it. That's only for the picture of course, it is not really on there. Why? Because I read a post today on Michelle Allen's blog, about Pinterest being such a big hit these days, and then finding your picture somewhere on Facebook without any reference to where it came from of who made it. I must admit I don't like the sound of that.

I don't know Pinterest very well, and I surely wouldn't know how to find out whether some picture of mine has been pinned. And I would feel flattered, that's not the point. Point is that I want credit for my work. So just in case, from now on I'm gonna put my website on it.

Just another quick question (I'm really not very good with all these social media things....): when you click the "like" button somewhere, what happens then? Does it appear on Facebook, or somewhere else? Does it stay personal or does it get shared? Because I've had quite a few "likes" on some pictures I posted on a ning-site, and I've always wondered what that means. And now that I have a blog, I must take advantage of the knowledge of the wonderful people that regularly take a look here ;-)  There just might be someone out there who can give me an answer to this... Please!?

This painting was done with acrylics, inks, and Inktense pencils. I think I'll call it "Desire".

6 comments:

  1. The title is perfect. I've wondered about that like thing, too. Since I don't really know what it does, I never click it. I don't like the way Facebook and Google are trying to infiltrate every part of my online life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always! In answer to your question. I think that IF you have your own facebook page and You personally click a facebook "like" button on something you see somewhere on the internet, than yes it gets posted to your personal facebook page that you "liked" this particular thing. When someone else then see's this on your page and clicks on it, it then links back to the original page where you "liked" it in the first place. I'm not sure if that makes any sense?

    It's the same with Pinterest. When someone Pins your artwork from your website it is always linked back to it's original pinning source (your website) no matter how many people "repin" it. So if I see an image I like on pinterest and click on it, I can go back to it's source to find out more about it.

    I think having your website on your image like that is a good idea because it just makes it that much easier for someone to go to your website to see more of what they like. I should do that, But with everything I have "out" there in cyber world...It would be incredibly time consuming. I guess I need to start now though! Good Idea, and beautiful art!

    Hope that helped some and didn't confuse the matter more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I had to make another comment that doesn't really have to do with this particular post, but I noticed that you are taking the "Blooming True" workshop from Flora Bowley. How are you liking it so far? I LOVE her work and would love to take that class, but it's way more than I can afford. I hope she offers it again...I may have to start saving my pennies up. Just wondered how you liked it and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH melty goodness - this is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !